For most of our courses, you will submit your assessments online from your course pages.
This page includes information on how to do this, or what to do if you need to post us an assessment.
Check your assessment due date
Remember to check your assessment due dates. You can find these in My Open Polytechnic and/or in the 'Tasks' or 'Assessment' tab in your course in iQualify.
If you can’t do your assessment by its due date, apply for an assessment extension in My Open Polytechnic.
Before you send in your work
Do a final check and make sure you have:
- completed and included all parts of the assessment
- included your name, student number and the assessment number
- proofread your work. Use a spell checker, but remember it won't pick up every mistake
- checked the references and appendices.
Remember to keep a copy of your assessment in case the original gets lost.
Submitting your assessment online
You can submit most of your assessments online from your course pages in iQualify.
To submit an assessment in iQualify:
- Go to your course homepage.
- Select the ‘Assessments’ or 'Tasks' tab to see a list of all assessments for that course.
- Click on the relevant assessment.
- Click the ‘Add file’ button. This will let you choose where you want to upload the file from (e.g. your computer or online files).
- After you upload your file it will appear under the ‘Uploaded file’ section. This confirms the file is uploaded, but not submitted. If you need to change the file, click 'X' to remove it, and upload a new file.
- Push 'Submit' to submit your assessment for marking.
- If you don't push 'Submit' your assessment will not be sent to our markers.
- Do not email your assessment to your course leader or anyone else at the Open Polytechnic. It may not go into our system or may get lost.
When you get your marked assessment back, keep it for reference for future courses you may study. We cannot provide you with copies of marked assessments from past enrolment periods that you submitted online.
If your course is in Moodle, check your course page for how to submit your assessment. If this isn’t clear get in touch.
Posting your assessment (paper-based or courses not in iQualify)
Before you post your assessment:
- Number all pages and include your name and student number on each page
- Make sure all the pages are included and staple the assignment in the top left corner only
- Make sure you include the correct ‘Assessment return sheet’ (coversheet) that was sent to you with your course material. Check your name, address and student ID. If the information is incorrect, please let us know.
- If you don’t have an Assessment Return Sheet, contact your course leader to ask for one.
Post your assessment in the freepost, addressed envelope provided.
- Don’t post, fax or email assessments to your lecturer or the Open Polytechnic, as they may not be tracked, read or marked.
- Only send in one copy of your assessment.